The Wizarding World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Wizarding World

Enrol at Hogwarts or apply for a Wizarding job. Be a Muggle or Wizard or even a Centaur - whatever you fancy. This is an RPG after all.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Professor Raph's Office

Go down 
+3
Cro
Lady-of-the-Rings
Raphael
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 1:36 am

BrianGriffin wrote:

He nodded helping him by filling the water. He was hoping he would let him stay with him mainly because he wasn't sure if they allowed dogs in the dorms. Despite his appearance he was more human like. He wanted to do everything like everyone else.

"Look um do you mind if I stay with you I am not sure if they allow dogs in the dorms," he asked.

"I would not worry Brian Griffin, you shall have your own space. And," he added, "it will not be a dog house. I shall put in a word for you.
He watered each plant carefully, checking with a gauge how much they all had. "I do not ask for many favors, I am sure my friend Albus would make exceptions. You have proven your intelligence. Look at me, I am not all human and I have my own place; as you shall."
Back to top Go down
BrianGriffin
Student
BrianGriffin

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 10:00 pm

Raphael wrote:
BrianGriffin wrote:

He nodded helping him by filling the water. He was hoping he would let him stay with him mainly because he wasn't sure if they allowed dogs in the dorms. Despite his appearance he was more human like. He wanted to do everything like everyone else.

"Look um do you mind if I stay with you I am not sure if they allow dogs in the dorms," he asked.

"I would not worry Brian Griffin, you shall have your own space. And," he added, "it will not be a dog house. I shall put in a word for you.
He watered each plant carefully, checking with a gauge how much they all had. "I do not ask for many favors, I am sure my friend Albus would make exceptions. You have proven your intelligence. Look at me, I am not all human and I have my own place; as you shall."

"Hey thanks I just know how places are with dogs around. I do appreciate it and just called me Brian," he said smiling

He ate a few more tarts that his teacher gave him sipping his tea. He looked at his cell phone seeing a text from Peter. He ignored it figuring it was probably going to be about something stupid.
Back to top Go down
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 12:46 am

BrianGriffin wrote:

"Hey thanks I just know how places are with dogs around. I do appreciate it and just called me Brian," he said smiling

He ate a few more tarts that his teacher gave him sipping his tea. He looked at his cell phone seeing a text from Peter. He ignored it figuring it was probably going to be about something stupid.

He noticed the muggle device of communication, he assumed the dog needed to speak with someone.He was needing to get a few things in order before classes though, "If you will excuse me...Brian, I must work on a few things while I still have time."
Back to top Go down
BrianGriffin
Student
BrianGriffin

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 5:48 am

Raphael wrote:
BrianGriffin wrote:

He noticed the muggle device of communication, he assumed the dog needed to speak with someone.He was needing to get a few things in order before classes though, "If you will excuse me...Brian, I must work on a few things while I still have time."

"Yeah hey no problem thanks for the tea and the chat. Hopefully we can do some more when you got the chance," he said smiling.

Brian got up put the seat back in it's place. He seemed to be an interesting teacher and was excited about what things they were going to learn. He smiled back at the turtle teacher as he headed out the door.
Back to top Go down
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 4:52 pm

"It was my pleasure." He nodded his head as Brian left. With that he turned into organizing his lesson plans...and prepared for the onslaught of students.
Back to top Go down
.~*CrhisaHoa*~.
Student

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 9:49 pm

The turtle was about to have yet another visitor - fortunately or unfortunately, that was for him to decide.

A tall girl of fifteen approached the professor's office quickly, eyes straight ahead, ignoring the stares, whispers and shrinking-back of the students as she passed. The reason for these reactions was immediately apparent: A five-inch-long, gold- and white-glowing unicorn's horn adorned her forehead, her ears were at the top of her head and of equine shape, and her face and hands (On the backs, at least) were covered in fur - gold on her hands, and white on her face and neck except for the gold blaze that marked it, and the miniature multi-colored four-pointed star that radiated out from the base of the alicorn. She was dressed in black Hufflepuff students' robes, and her below-the-waist, wavy golden hair bounced against her back as she made her way to the professor's office.

Crystal didn't really know what to expect when she reached the office - she'd overheard references in the halls that there was a 'crossbreed' teacher, and since she herself was a crossbreed, she figured this teacher would be the one who might be able to help her the most.

Upon reaching the door, she hesitated, gently feeling with her mind - she wasn't trying to read thoughts or talk mentally, only determining whether there was more than one person in the room, or if the professor was sleeping. If either had been the case, she'd have left, unwilling to disturb him. But since he was alone and awake... Crys hesitatingly raised her hand to knock gently on the door, her upraised arm allowing the sleeves of her robe to fall back, exposing her arm as golden-furred to at least the elbow. "Professor?" she asked softly, not wanting to disturb him should he be busy. He wasn't asleep, and he was alone, yes, but that didn't mean his mind wasn't occupied - she didn't want him to feel as if she was prying and misusing her Telepathy, so she stuck to the very basics.
Back to top Go down
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 4:27 am

More interruptions...he sighed...but he wouldn't turn away another student. He had been scribbling down notes, and making lists when this new being knocked. "Come." Probably just another map or something....kids get lost all the time....it was a no brainer
Back to top Go down
.~*CrhisaHoa*~.
Student

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 5:48 am

Crys sighed in relief and slipped inside. She left the door open a crack, unsure what this professor's preferences were. She turned around to speak. "I'd heard there was another halfling as a teacher," she said shyly, "Are you Professor Raphaello, sir?" Her voice was respectful, and her eyes held a sparkle as she took in the myriad of plants that had found homes within the turtle's office.
Back to top Go down
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 8:24 am

.~*CrhisaHoa*~. wrote:
Crys sighed in relief and slipped inside. She left the door open a crack, unsure what this professor's preferences were. She turned around to speak. "I'd heard there was another halfling as a teacher," she said shyly, "Are you Professor Raphaello, sir?" Her voice was respectful, and her eyes held a sparkle as she took in the myriad of plants that had found homes within the turtle's office.

He lifted his head, looking quite...grumpy, wtf did she just call him?! He shook his head and went back to writing. "I'm not a halfling..." The word tasted bad on his tongue, "I am part turtle, part human. You'll do well to respect that. What did you need?"
Back to top Go down
.~*CrhisaHoa*~.
Student

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 9:53 am

The girl winced. She'd definitely put her hoof through the reins that time, for sure. "Sorry sir," she said quietly, looking down as her hornglow took on an extra pink and bluish green tinge - embarrassment and apology/chastisement, respectively. "I do have respect for those of two worlds, being as I and those close to me are so. I didn't mean it the way it sounds - it's better than some of the things my family and I have been called, and I don't think of it as more than a way to say what I am anymore. I'll not use it again in reference to anyone but my kin and myself from now on." This was probably one of the only occasions where you'd find her speaking so formally - usually, she let her mind run only just ahead of he mouth, and things could and would often come out somewhat garbled or so speedy it was hard to understand what she was saying.

Though she felt bad for the offense she'd unintentionally given, Crystal couldn't help but peek up at the plants again - she'd recently developed a growing fascination with herbalism, and wondered if these were Muggle herbs, magical plants, or just for pleasureful decoration. Within the depths of her mind, though, she was processing the information of Raffaello(sp?) being half-turtle. Half turtle! So there must be large, walking, intelligent turtles somewhere in the world, then, her mind wondered. Then her practical side kicked in, with a tinge of wryness. Well, when you look at the fact that my closest family and friends are at least half unicorn, being half turtle seems kind of normal, doesn't it?

The glance at the plants lasted no more than a few seconds before her eyes turned to the professor. "I... I was hoping for some advice, actually, Professor. When I heard there was another ha - er, another similar to my brother and myself, I thought that perhaps..." She hesitated, biting her lip slightly and trying to find a way to phrase her thoughts in a way that wouldn't result in any more unintentional verbal blunders. She came up with a near blank, and what she did have didn't hold much promise for tact. "No offense, Professor, but you probably know what it's like to be new and... Unique, as it were, among the other students. Could... Would you have any tips on how to keep others from, um... Harboring too many negative feelings, like fear, jealousy, and such?" Her right hand reflexively went to the front of her robe, feeling the familiar and comforting lump that was her Crhisalia pendant, as she always did whenever she was nervous or uncomfortable. She was surprised she'd managed to keep her words coherent and formal-ish this long - especially at this time and place, she was profoundly grateful for her love of reading, writing and listening. Those hobbies constantly weeded and expanded her vocabulary, and they were some of the most useful and fun pastimes she had.

((Blah - can't remember how to spell Raph's name >.<))
Back to top Go down
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 6:27 pm

(great posting! you got his name right! FYI-Ly's forum is still down Sad )

His gaze softened, she too seemed to be a freak as he was. Indeed her appearance would shock the average Muggle, but in his world of creatures and magic, she wasn't out of place. "Yes I was once new here, yes the children gave me those looks, but they quickly learned I was not one to be feared. Many were fascinated, I am used to being a sort of curiosity but as they learned to know me more they were more comfortable. Those few who still look at me funny, I ignore it. You be who you are, do not lower your standards to be accepted. That is all there is to it." He put down his pencil, and folded his hands, "I know fear. I am feared in my village. I am not like them, they are....pure; I am half breed and gained the gift of magic from my mother. My people are timid, they do not understand. I can never go home. So you see, I know fear. At first, being outcast had made me angry until I traveled and learned, and trained to calm my mind. I found peace with who I am, and my life is fulfilling." At least, he kept to himself, in all things except love. He was lonely, but it was not imperative to him. "If you become angry, I would teach you way to calm your mind."
Back to top Go down
.~*CrhisaHoa*~.
Student

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 11:17 pm

((Thankies! Yay! Aw... >.<))

Crystal smiled gratefully, the extra tints fading from her soft hornglow. "Thank you, sir," she said sincerely, "I appreciate your help. I think we'll be ok, anger-wise - my brother Ski's too goofy and fun-loving to have room for anger, and sometimes I think I myself am incapable of it." She thought about what he said for a moment. "My history's similar to yours, Professor - though we're not so much feared as looked down on by some Unicanaa, and except for my father and Ski's, we've lived both in the CloudValley and on the earth." A thought suddenly crossed her mind, and her hornglow took on a slightly light-green tint of curiousness, as did her eyes (Without the glow/color). "Can... Can you morph, sir?"

In a clear yet vague way, she felt her brother's excited and awed wonder drift over their Link as he wandered the halls of the castle. She couldn't help the grin that flickered across her face as Ski discovered the famous moving stairs of Hogwarts, feeling first his faint fear, and then still-growing excitement and curiosity as he continued. Just like Ski to be afraid one second, than curious why and how it works the next. Boys!
Back to top Go down
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 3:52 am

.~*CrhisaHoa*~. wrote:
((Thankies! Yay! Aw... >.<))

Crystal smiled gratefully, the extra tints fading from her soft hornglow. "Thank you, sir," she said sincerely, "I appreciate your help. I think we'll be ok, anger-wise - my brother Ski's too goofy and fun-loving to have room for anger, and sometimes I think I myself am incapable of it." She thought about what he said for a moment. "My history's similar to yours, Professor - though we're not so much feared as looked down on by some Unicanaa, and except for my father and Ski's, we've lived both in the CloudValley and on the earth." A thought suddenly crossed her mind, and her hornglow took on a slightly light-green tint of curiousness, as did her eyes (Without the glow/color). "Can... Can you morph, sir?"

In a clear yet vague way, she felt her brother's excited and awed wonder drift over their Link as he wandered the halls of the castle. She couldn't help the grin that flickered across her face as Ski discovered the famous moving stairs of Hogwarts, feeling first his faint fear, and then still-growing excitement and curiosity as he continued. Just like Ski to be afraid one second, than curious why and how it works the next. Boys!

"Can I..no, this is it. I can not change shape in any way or form. My people look similar to me, but they're....rougher in appearance. If you have seen a typical chelon, their skin is rough with thick protective scales on their limbs, my people are similar. My appearance is the infusion of my mother's human side that smoothed my hands," he held one up to show, but his nails were claws, grey, short, extending just a tad past his three fingers, curving down slightly, with groomed rounded tips. "But I've kept my father's hands and claws, although, his claws were a little longer by just a few centimeters. I am also less colored than my people. So I'm feared for my magic, hated for my half-breed, and dull in color....they can go live their happy little lives while I'm here making something of myself. You are very lucky to have a family, spend every moment you can while they still roam this planet."
Back to top Go down
.~*CrhisaHoa*~.
Student

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 6:58 am

Crys nodded solemnly. "I intend to, sir, for the rest of my life." Which will probably be at least more than a hundred years, she thought to herself, being half-Unican as I am. She decided a change in topic might be good for both of them, and gestured towards the plants scattered(?) around the room. "Are these muggle or magical herbs, Professor? Or just decorative?"

((Sorry, no muse on this one >.<))
Back to top Go down
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 7:35 am

.~*CrhisaHoa*~. wrote:
Crys nodded solemnly. "I intend to, sir, for the rest of my life." Which will probably be at least more than a hundred years, she thought to herself, being half-Unican as I am. She decided a change in topic might be good for both of them, and gestured towards the plants scattered(?) around the room. "Are these muggle or magical herbs, Professor? Or just decorative?"

((Sorry, no muse on this one >.<))

He pushed his seat back and stood up. "Actually, they're edible. Some are from my home, some are from all over the world. I am mostly vegetarian...I do like a little seafood at times. These are simply to supplement what the school offers." He moved to one, picked up the pot and showed her a thick plant with leaves that were ragged at the edges, but it looked thick, almost like a succulent and broad leafed. "This one is good with tomatoes and cucumbers." He plucked a leaf and ate it, "Good for you. A little sweet with a hint of bitter. Try?" He pulled off another and offered it.

(lol no probl, conversational bits are okay staying small. Razz and yeah, there's a room with many more plants - like a small one with shelves but there's a good amount around the office as well.)
Back to top Go down
.~*CrhisaHoa*~.
Student

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:09 am

Crys slowly took the proffered leaf, eyes even brighter, if that was possible. "Thank you," she said, smiling. Her equine side showed through slightly in that she ran her hands over the leaf, examining it with both sight and touch, and even smell to a small extent. Her actions weren't those of one suspicious - rather, there was a kind of and contained excitement and open curiosity in the way she explored the strange herb before taking a small, experimental nibble at the edge. The sweet, faintly bitter taste spilled onto her tongue, and her smiled grew wider as she eagerly devoured the rest of the leaf - politely, of course. Her eyes were literally shining as she looked back up, and, just as her horn did, her eyes took on the faintest glow of the deep blue of satisfaction and contentment, as well as the bright yellow of excitement and enthusiasm. Though still respectful, almost all formality fell away in the wash of words that came next. "Professor, what is that? That's one of the best-tasting greens I've ever tried, and believe me, I've tried just about every edible plant I could get my hooves on! I rarely eat meat myself, being half Unican as I am, and whatever that is, it's better than many types of grass I've grazed! I -" she cut herself off, realizing she'd started babbling, and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, Professor, I didn't mean to go off like that."

((Good point ^_^ My fingers simply don't like short posts and such, unfortunately =/ And thanks for the clear-up about the room layout ^_^))
Back to top Go down
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 7:05 am

.~*CrhisaHoa*~. wrote:
Crys slowly took the proffered leaf, eyes even brighter, if that was possible. "Thank you," she said, smiling. Her equine side showed through slightly in that she ran her hands over the leaf, examining it with both sight and touch, and even smell to a small extent. Her actions weren't those of one suspicious - rather, there was a kind of and contained excitement and open curiosity in the way she explored the strange herb before taking a small, experimental nibble at the edge. The sweet, faintly bitter taste spilled onto her tongue, and her smiled grew wider as she eagerly devoured the rest of the leaf - politely, of course. Her eyes were literally shining as she looked back up, and, just as her horn did, her eyes took on the faintest glow of the deep blue of satisfaction and contentment, as well as the bright yellow of excitement and enthusiasm. Though still respectful, almost all formality fell away in the wash of words that came next. "Professor, what is that? That's one of the best-tasting greens I've ever tried, and believe me, I've tried just about every edible plant I could get my hooves on! I rarely eat meat myself, being half Unican as I am, and whatever that is, it's better than many types of grass I've grazed! I -" she cut herself off, realizing she'd started babbling, and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, Professor, I didn't mean to go off like that."

He smiled, amused at her revelation of such a simple green. "It is a hybrid from my village, cultivated by my father but he never lived long enough to name it. It's just some unnamed succulent. Someday a name for it will enter my mind but at the moment, it's not important. The fact that I keep this strain of plant going is; this one is directly evolved from my father's first hybrid." He smiled and put the pot up high on a shelve where sunlight was brighter. "I keep many of these in my father's memory, kind of silly I guess."
Back to top Go down
.~*CrhisaHoa*~.
Student

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:51 pm

((Sorry it took so long! My only excuse is that I'm in a gazillion roleplays, and my muse factor went down several notches for a while >.<))

Crys shook her head. "It's not silly at all," she assured him. She paused, then grinned. "If you want to see silly, go find my brother sometime - he's about as silly as they come!" The term 'brother' was misleading, though Crys didn't think of him as otherwise - really, they weren't related at all, but they were closer than twin siblings, so there really wasn't much difference.

The halfling's eyes grew somewhat distant, as if she were thinking hard. It was on the tip of her tongue, and if she could just... Reach... It... "Swheebhitter," she suddenly muttered under her breath, the word somewhat breathy. It quite looked as if she'd completely forgotten Raffaello was even there, or at least that her mind didn't register his presence.

Her ears twitched a moment later, and she came back to the present with a shake of her head, a movement that much resembled what a horse might do, ears flopping before pricking again. "Sorry sir," she apologized, "being Telepathic and Empathic has it's disadvantages, sometimes - the castle's teeming with excited people and creatures, and it's starting to get very distracting." She sighed slightly, thinking longingly of the different teas she could make to soothe the headache she even now felt creeping up... The thought brought her up short as she realized she had nowhere to make the tea. The girl looked up at the professor, hoping he wouldn't be too cross with her for all her questions. "Sir," she began hesitantly, "would you know of a place I could make tea by myself whenever I needed to?"
Back to top Go down
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 3:46 am

.~*CrhisaHoa*~. wrote:
She sighed slightly, thinking longingly of the different teas she could make to soothe the headache she even now felt creeping up... The thought brought her up short as she realized she had nowhere to make the tea. The girl looked up at the professor, hoping he wouldn't be too cross with her for all her questions. "Sir," she began hesitantly, "would you know of a place I could make tea by myself whenever I needed to?"

He finished clipping and trimming, and set the trimmers down. "Tea? What sort do you need? Pain relief? Insomnia? Caffeine?" He moved to a set of small drawers and pulled one open and picked out a small silken satchel, "Tea making and serving are but one of the arts I studied while in Japan. I cultivate a handful of varieties. I find doing it the hard way than conjuring it is better, but at times...one must make haste. Steeping tea slowly tastes better. Here," he handed her the satchel, "This contains a sample, a simple black tea enough for a half dozen cups."
Back to top Go down
.~*CrhisaHoa*~.
Student

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 11:06 am

Crys shrugged. "I have the teas I need - I've recently found herbs, mostly muggle, fascinating, and I've been using them left and right just like Mom. I just need a place where I can make them, is all." She curiously took the silk pouch with a smile and soft thank-you, and sniffed it like she had with the leaf, touching it experimentally with her fingertips. If she could, she might've even tasted it. Taste, touch, and smell were important senses to horses, as well as hearing, and Unicanaa were no different in that regard, and so neither was she. They were things she did without even thinking about it, and it was usually only after the fact that she realized others might take her actions to be either rude or suspicious. "What does black tea do?" she asked, holding the pouch in one hand and rubbing the silk, so much like the feel of her own mane or that of her family's, while the other absently went once again to the crystal pendant hidden beneath the loose folds of her robe. She smiled a bit sheepishly. "I'm not very familiar with teas other than herbal ones, I'm afraid. I use teas primarily for medicinal uses, though I'll admit a fondness for the more common ones as simply a hot drink."
Back to top Go down
Raphael
Professor
Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 12:18 pm

.~*CrhisaHoa*~. wrote:
Crys shrugged. "I have the teas I need - I've recently found herbs, mostly muggle, fascinating, and I've been using them left and right just like Mom. I just need a place where I can make them, is all." She curiously took the silk pouch with a smile and soft thank-you, and sniffed it like she had with the leaf, touching it experimentally with her fingertips. If she could, she might've even tasted it. Taste, touch, and smell were important senses to horses, as well as hearing, and Unicanaa were no different in that regard, and so neither was she. They were things she did without even thinking about it, and it was usually only after the fact that she realized others might take her actions to be either rude or suspicious. "What does black tea do?" she asked, holding the pouch in one hand and rubbing the silk, so much like the feel of her own mane or that of her family's, while the other absently went once again to the crystal pendant hidden beneath the loose folds of her robe. She smiled a bit sheepishly. "I'm not very familiar with teas other than herbal ones, I'm afraid. I use teas primarily for medicinal uses, though I'll admit a fondness for the more common ones as simply a hot drink."

There was that term, even though he used it himself at times the word "muggle" sometimes bothered him. Humans were more clever than what most magic users gave them credit for.
"I do believe they say black tea benefits the internal organs, I don't know if it's true but it may be. I simply enjoy it. All teas do have some comforting effects. Out of all the specialised varieties, I think my favorite is apple cinnamon...one I'm not able to create myself, so I must buy it from the humans. That one simply tastes good."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Professor Raph's Office   Professor Raph's Office - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Professor Raph's Office
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3