The Wizarding World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Wizarding World

Enrol at Hogwarts or apply for a Wizarding job. Be a Muggle or Wizard or even a Centaur - whatever you fancy. This is an RPG after all.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can I actually keep a diary for once?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
.~*CrhisaHoa*~.
Student

Can I actually keep a diary for once? Empty
PostSubject: Can I actually keep a diary for once?   Can I actually keep a diary for once? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 5:50 am

Here's where Crystal will put her diary entries (What there are of them... She's terribly inconsistent with it!) =]
Back to top Go down
.~*CrhisaHoa*~.
Student

Can I actually keep a diary for once? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I actually keep a diary for once?   Can I actually keep a diary for once? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 9:14 pm

Well... I'm on my way to Hogwarts! I can't believe Ski and I are actually going - I mean, sure, it's expected that we'd probably have to go to magic school at some point in time, considering our unusual heritage, but still... We're the first ones with any Unican blood at all to go to a wizarding school in the last five hundred years! How will the other students think of us? Not that I'm particularly worried about teasing or anything, but... Well, wouldn't you be nervous if you walked into a school looking like I did? I mean, come on! I've got wings (We're flying there, rather than taking the Hogwarts Express - we'd never make it through the trainstation unnoticed), I've got a five-inch glowing alicorn sticking out of my head, and my body's covered in fur! Who wouldn't be nervous about reactions when they looked like that?

I'm riding Ski's mother, Pearl, to where the Hogwarts Express drops off the first-years to go across the lake. It's really hard to write when the wind's fluttering the pages, especially when that wind's going by you at about eighty miles an hour! Oh, and the mention of first-years brings me to another concern of mine - Ski and I are fifteen, whereas all the other first-years are eleven, and at least a foot shorter than I am. Probably closer to a foot and a half.

We're going to stick out like a sickly-bright green hornglow in a forest of healthy golds.

Anyway, my parents suggested I keep this diary, and since I'm not going to see them for probably close to ten months or so, I'll at least try. Mom, being a witch, put a spell on this thick book that's keyed to my horn and pendant. Meaning, I can only open it when both my Clear Sky Crhisalia and my alicorn are touching both each other and the book at the same time, and only if it's done knowingly and willingly by me - Dad helped, so the spell's really strong. She assured me when I asked her that I could write absolutely anything in here, even the universal Unican weakness, and it would be safe.

So, since I've nothing better to do while Ski and I travel to Hogwarts - he's riding his dad, Comet - I might as well list my personal weaknesses. I trust Mom and Dad, and if they say this book's safe, than it's safe. Oh, and diary, be warned - my writing's gotten a bit flowery, so be prepared for flourishes! I'll also be jumping around from general categorization (Meaning, speaking of all Unicanaa), and speaking of me in third person. I dunno why, just feel like it, I guess...

~*~*~*~*~*~

.~*See Me Weak*~
She has the normal personality faults, physical and mental limitations, of course, but there is one weakness that stands out above almost all the others. One that those with Unican blood rarely talk about to anyone but each other, and then only in hushed tones for fear someone will overhear and use it against them: If they are within five hundred yards when dark magic is either used or someone/a creature who uses it often comes along, their entire body will begin to ache. The ache will start out or increase in intensity depending on how close the spell/person is, how strong the spell is, what it is doing, or how ‘drenched’ the person or creature is. Some might think of this disability as useful, and indeed it upon occasion has been so, as the Unicanaa can instinctively feel in exactly what direction and how far away the spell/creature/person is, and what the spell(s) itself are. But Unicanaa will almost always baulk violently if any attempt is made to lead them towards the source - there have only been five known records of a Unican overcoming this powerful instinct, and they were only in times of great turmoil, both for the Wizarding world and that of the Muggles. Oftentimes, the Unican will freeze up and become unresponsive to all around them, making them vulnerable, and usually unable to actively use their powers. For this reason, few non-Unicans know about this weakness, those few including Crystal’s mother, Ski’s mother, and Albus Dumbledore.
They are also much more severely affected by Dementors, though the opposite is rumored to also be true if a Unican touches a Dementor - very few, another five at most, Unicanaa have learned normal magic, and it is not recorded if they ever encountered Dementors and used a Patronus in defense. As such, it is unknown just what, exactly, would happen should a Unican cast a Patronus at them - would the Dementors turn away, as they usually do when facing a Patronus? Would they be truly hurt by a Patronus, because of what a Unican is (Almost the exact opposite of a Dementor)? Or would it have no effect, rendering the Unican helpless without assistance as they always have been before? It’s a complete unknown, and that alone is enough to scare most Unicanaa.
There are many other weaknesses and disabilities she possesses, but I’ll outline only a few, and let the rest come out in RP: Her Telepathy is her strongest, surest, and safest power besides morphing and flying. But it, too, has it’s limits, and while she is an excellent multitasked, the more active minds or ‘loud’ thoughts there are in the area, the harder it is to concentrate on anything.
Empathy cannot be ‘turned off’ or shielded, as can Telepathy. It’s possible to divert most normal negative emotions to ‘go around’ the Empath and allow the more positive emotions to ‘wash over’, but it gets harder the stronger the emotion(s) are, and while most normal-strength emotions have minimal effect on the trained Empath, it gets harder to resist being influenced the stronger the emotion(s) become. If the Empath’s emotion(s) are extremely strong, they can unintentionally effect those in the area immediately around them (Say, about a hundred feet, and the effect grows swiftly weaker as it gets any farther away). As such, Empaths are trained in the beginning on how to hold their negative emotions within until such a time as there is no danger of mass influence should they break down.
And as a Healer, her Healing speeds her natural physical healing time, but at a price. For though she recovers faster, this swift process requires fuel so that the quick healing can continue, and as such, the Healer has to make sure they keep their energy up and are well-rested, else the Healing can suck all the energy out until they are either unconscious or almost half-dead if the wounds are severe, where their healing time will return to what would be considered ‘normal’. Fortunately, this usually only happens with grave, mortal, or very dangerous wounds, or when there are many small wounds that altogether pose a significant threat. It can also take large amounts of energy when she Heals others, and her energy-drainage can be anything from the equivalent of a long, easy run, to a all-nighter that lasted a few days, to a sevenday hike through hard, rugged terrain uphill all the way, and anything in between, and sometimes beyond to either extreme. As such, she saves her Healing as a last resort most times, and prefers to rely on natural, rather than artificial, means of healing. It’s also not a good idea to disturb her while she’s Healing someone - no one really knows what would happen, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry, right?
Her Shielding ability also has limits, and cannot stop any magic but basic, weak, or simple spells. Against physical disturbances, though, it’s rather good - it’s both impenetrable physically, and also acts as a very good protective cushion should Crystal fall or run into something. But each blow, intentionally or not, takes up more or less of the user’s energy, depending on how far away from themselves they’ve put it (Maximum of five feet effective, getting weaker the further out it gets, and fifteen max, though it’s very weak at that range), if they’re using it to protect someone other than themselves that is not within five feet, how strong it is, how big it is, and how strong the attacks are.

~*~*~*~*~*~

There, that was somewhat entertaining. It made me really think about them, anyway. Oh, Pearl says we're almost there, so I better finish this up. I'll write about my history later.
Back to top Go down

Can I actually keep a diary for once?
Page 1 of 1